2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness: A Rugged SUV for Outdoor Adventures – The Subaru Ascent is the largest and most spacious SUV in the Subaru lineup, offering three rows of seats, a powerful turbocharged engine, and a standard all-wheel-drive system. But what if you want more than just a family hauler? What if you want an SUV that can take you to places where most vehicles can’t go? That’s where the 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness comes in.
What’s New for 2025
The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness is a new trim level that adds more off-road capability and style to the Ascent. It is based on the refreshed Ascent that debuted in 2023, which featured a unique front-end design, an enhanced X-Mode system, and more standard features. The Wilderness trim takes things to the next level with some exclusive upgrades, such as:
– A higher ground clearance of 9.5 inches, compared to 8.7 inches for the regular Ascent.
– A revised suspension system with more extended travel and improved damping.
– A unique front bumper with a skid plate and tow hooks.
– A redesigned rear bumper with a dual exhaust system and full spare tire.
– A roof rack with integrated crossbars supporting up to 700 pounds of cargo.
– A matte-black grille, black cladding, black badges, and black 18-inch alloy wheels with all-terrain tires.
– A memorable Wilderness logo on the front fenders and the tailgate.
– An exclusive Geyser Blue exterior color option.
Design: Exterior and Interior
The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness is a severe off-roader with a comfortable and well-equipped interior. With the captain’s seat in the second row and a 60/40 split bench in the third, the cabin can hold up to seven people. The cargo area is roomy, with 17.6 cubic feet behind the third row, 47.5 cubic feet behind the second, and 86.5 cubic feet behind the first.
The interior also features some Wilderness-specific touches, such as:
– A water-repellent StarTex upholstery with yellow contrast stitching and hexagonal patterns.
– A leather-wrapped steering wheel with yellow stitching and a Wilderness logo.
– An all-weather floor mat set with a Wilderness logo.
– A black headliner and pillar trim.
– A power panoramic moonroof.
The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness also comes with a long list of standard features, including:
– An 11.6-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SiriusXM, HD Radio, and navigation.
– A quality Harman Kardon sound system, including a subwoofer and 14 speakers.
– A wireless charging pad for compatible devices.
– A keyless entry system that operates by a push button.
– A tri-zone automatic climate control system.
– A rearview camera with a washer.
– A blind-spot detection system with rear cross-traffic alert and lane change assist.
– A reverse automatic braking system.
The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness is powered by the same engine as the regular Ascent: a 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that delivers 260 horsepower and 277 pound-feet of torque. The engine is paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that simulates eight-speed manual shifting via paddle shifters. The CVT also features an adaptive control system that adjusts to different driving conditions and driver preferences.
The main attraction of the 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness is its all-wheel-drive system, which is standard on all Subaru models except the BRZ sports car. The all-wheel-drive system distributes torque to all four wheels according to the road surface, speed, acceleration, deceleration, steering angle, and other factors. The system also includes an active torque vectoring feature that enhances cornering performance by applying brake pressure to the inside wheels.
The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness also benefits from the X-Mode system, which optimizes the engine, transmission, brakes, and all-wheel-drive system for various terrains. The X-Mode system has two modes: Snow/Dirt and Deep Snow/Mud. The Snow/Dirt mode improves traction on slippery surfaces, while the Deep Snow/Mud mode prevents wheel spin on loose or deep surfaces. The X-Mode system also activates the hill descent control feature, which maintains a constant speed when going downhill.
When outfitted correctly, the 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness can tow 5,000 pounds, one of its most remarkable capacities. The SUV also has a trailer stability assist feature, which monitors the trailer sway and applies brake pressure to individual wheels to stabilize the vehicle and the trailer.
Release Date and Price
The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness is expected to arrive in dealerships in the fall of 2024 as a 2025 model year. The official pricing has yet to be announced, but we estimate it will start at around $45,000, about $5,000 more than the Ascent Limited trim it is based on. The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness will compete with off-road-oriented SUVs, such as the Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, and the Ford Explorer Timberline.
The 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness is an excellent choice for outdoor enthusiasts who need a spacious, powerful, and capable SUV. It offers a unique blend of style, comfort, and performance, along with Subaru’s legendary reliability and safety. If you are looking for an SUV that can take you to places where most vehicles can’t go, the 2025 Subaru Ascent Wilderness is worth checking out.
Incoming search terms:
- https://subarumodel net/2025-subaru-ascent-wilderness-a-rugged-suv-for-outdoor-adventures/